Forum

Asteroid Kassandra ...

Notifications
Clear all

Asteroid Kassandra #114

(@jeaniebee)

thanks Osiris Wife, for opening this up . 

over the years I've been obsessed with Casandra, feeling her plight.

For me its connected to patriarchy & its silencing of the feminine.  Mine is in Aquarius 2nd house,  exact square to Mercury in Scorpio 10th, & in a wide conjunct with Mars.

There's a clash between my will to act and speak, V a deep fear of being seen and heard.

It only bothers me around deeply felt core passions,  I'm fine with the superficial. ie,  fitting in, echoing what others want to hear etc is easy, ... but speaking truth to power? eeeew. 

I'm writing something at present thats v personal and meaningful to me, and I feel  is reflective of wider concerns, & yet the act of sitting down to write feels like borderline treason.

Of course its mainly self censoring, but I see how it got set up.

My arts based thesis was on "silenced voice" and I can recommend the book "The Cassandra Complex, Living with Disbelief. A Modern Perspective on Hysteria." by Laurie Layton Schapira.    

(@virgolight)

Intriguing!  This is new to me so thank you Osiris Wife for telling us about Kassandra.

I looked mine up and it's in Libra 6 degrees conjunct my Moon 7 degrees.  I have Jupiter in Libra at 3 and Venus in Libra at 9, so Cassandra is part of this stellium that I always feel as a total blend of energies.  This stellium is in my 11th house but sometimes I feel it is pulled into the 12th house since in Equal house division the 12th house cusp is 11 degrees Libra. It is also the midpoint of my whole chart which is a Bundle type where everything is in a trine between Saturn and Uranus.

I have to think about this, but at first glance I think it's tied to motherhood, the reality, the concept, and the historicity of motherhood in general.

Page 3 / 3
Scroll to Top