Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Cooking! What Are You Cooking In 2024

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

I made some more chicken sausage patties but I made such a freaking mess it grossed me out. I decided to use the griddle to make more at once and the olive oil was splattering and I put the stove fan on, opened the windows, and I have to say I really hate the smell of that oil cooking 🤮😭.

I cleaned everything up and cleaned the floor even though I don’t know if anything got on it but still… 

Next time it’s going on the grill outside or I will find some other contraption to prevent this.

(edit: the oil is fresh and new, I just hate that smell)

I’m ok now 😌

2 Replies
Hades Moon
(@hades-moon)

Reputable Member

@allie120 Well, I’m glad you’re ok now 😄. I imagined myself in this situation because I’m really good at making a mess 🤣. Gosh, it’s funny how something seemingly simple can turn into quite an ordeal!

On a serious note, I do agree with doing it outside or using some other alternative in the future.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Noble Member

Make a pan on spanakopita. I had more mint this time - it gives it a bit of a kick. 

1 Reply
Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa Sounds delicious!

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

Yesterday I made venison roast in the crockpot with the bone marrow broth I made and carrots from the garden. And redskin potatoes (from the store). It was good!

Those leftovers for dinner tonight but I made rice for my husband. Also he hates cooked carrots so I ate them haha

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

I bought some black garlic at The Big E (New England state fair for the six states) and it’s incredible! It tastes like caramel-like garlic. I bet it will be divine with my mysost cheese. Must try now!

I have to see how to make it 😏

2 Replies
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 I have a bunch of garlic and was thinking about making this. It takes three weeks.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/black-garlic-4165384

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa yes! Definitely try it. You will love it!

IMG 2423

The pack I bought has quite a few in it. I will try making it when I’m down on this pack.

It’s a farm that grows in Connecticut and Virginia. They were at the Connecticut State building at the Big E Fair yesterday. 

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Noble Member

Chicken Vindaloo! 

jana
 jana
(@jana)
Estimable Member

The garlic looks real interesting!