Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Cooking! What Are You Cooking In 2024

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

I made yogurt again today so we shall see how it comes out tomorrow morning.

I bought two half gallons today and used one for the yogurt. I did take off some of the cream with a turkey baster. That was easy. I didn’t get all of it, as I didn’t intend to.

I’ll be making cheese again with the other container. Full milk. I’ll use the cream for something. Probably mysost again. 

I need to make bread but probably tomorrow. I have a lot to do tomorrow. Today I also roasted some tomatoes for the freezer. And I planted garlic.

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

Yogurt was a success again! I think I may have this … consistent? 😃

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

I needed more bread in advance of my husband coming home tomorrow so I made pumpkin yeast bread again. I was more liberal with the spices, per the recipe. It was pretty sticky as I was kneading it, which is a bit unusual (lol who knows, maybe I only put one egg in last time or something). I was a little worried it wouldn’t come out right but it’s fine.

IMG 2439

And the yogurt I unwrapped this morning. I used almost a half gallon, having taken some of the cream off. I have two containers.

IMG 2440

Cheese later this week.

CocoPeaches
(@cocopeaches)
Estimable Member

I've been making these pickled peppers. I still have some from last year, but they look so pretty in the fridge!

https://homesteadandchill.com/refrigerator-pickled-peppers-recipe/

1 Reply
Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@cocopeaches beautiful! I’m going to check that out!

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

I called my mom, had her on speaker us just chatting away and I made cheese today.

I’m so happy with it but I took a picture and realized it might present as *sad trombone*. I’m waiting for it to firm up and had some foresight to put parchment paper in the container so I can lift it out into a shape. Anyway, here it is. It tasted good, the little bit I scraped off the towel. It’s got apricots, cardamom, and a dash of parsley.

IMG 2453
3 Replies
Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

lol it looks like a really bad super cheesy pizza. Will take another picture later.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 I would want to try that for sure!

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa I’m excited for when it’s set and to let my husband try it. And my neighbor!

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

Here is my quickie photo shoot of the cheese. The cheese is just farmer cheese, so mild, and I put apricots, cardamom, and a little parsley. The taste is very light. I’m thinking a little honey could be drizzled on it, on some nice fruit crackers, pears?. Graham crackers? My husband says it’s ok but it’s a bit mild for him (he will eat it with nice paired crackers). I told him I will try to make an aged cheese one day but I don’t have all the things I need (and I have to read how!). Anyway I’m happy 😊 

IMG 2456
4 Replies
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 congrats!  Beginning of your journey, it seems.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa Thank you! It really is 😃

Hades Moon
(@hades-moon)

Reputable Member

@allie120 That looks really good!. The sky’s the limit with what other cheese you’ll end up producing. Like Elsa said ; “the beginning of your journey” 😎.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@hades-moon Thank you! It’s fun.

Page 16 / 20
Scroll to Top