Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Gardening 2024

nona
(@nona)
Trusted Member

It took awhile to find the walking onions. They fall over, self seed and keep coming back. 

1 Reply
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Prominent Member

@nona wow! I will look for them. Thank you.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Prominent Member

It's finally drying out and the garden is taking off.  Zucchini and cukes will be ready soon.  Lots of tomatoes coming on. I love this time of year.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Prominent Member

Garlic, dill refrigerator pickles today. I started eating them, three hours later. GOOD!

(@teresa-s)

I was going to weed my flower beds today, but we had a bit of a windstorm and I ended up picking up  Over 4 bushels of sticks. My yard is really too shady for a good veggie garden. So I just have a raised bed with a couple of tomato plants and a pepper plant. I’m just now getting the yard back in shape after some health issues that I dealt with for about 5 years. Digging in the dirt is good for your soul.

1 Reply
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Prominent Member

@teresa-s I know what you mean about getting back in shape. Last year, I'd gotten hit by a gravel truck.  Really messed me up. This year, it's 180 degrees.

There really is something life-affirming about being able to put a seed in the ground, and produce enough to feed your family and then some.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Prominent Member
CROCOSMIA flower

I love these. Every year it pops up. I also intend to id it and buy more, but I am so busy, gardening, and last year I had that accident.  This year I finally did it.

I think this is Crocosmia - Lucifer. I bought, Crocosmia Vera Cruz, which are red with a yellow stripe.

vera cruz

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Prominent Member

Started drying tomatoes, yesterday. My husband has become inordinately fond of Greek pasta. I had a large stash of them but now need to finally replenish.

Also, it finally rained after a dry three weeks.  Thanks be to God!

Page 5 / 7
Scroll to Top