Notifications
Clear all

Random Thoughts & Conversation - Part 2

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

"They only think you're weird, once," said the exercise lady. "The first time they see you do it, they say, she's weird!  But after that they say, oh, she always does that!" Smile

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

Parent with a psychopath child. Sorry, but I can see it a mile away. Not saying anything as they don't want to know.

This makes me think of the times, I have talked to parents in this situation.  Big relief for them, when someone acknowledges their very serious situation.

2 Replies
Hades Moon
(@hades-moon)

Reputable Member

@elsa It’s such a shame when parents are in denial or don’t want to know. They are the key to assisting the child through early interventions so the child learns self-regulation etc. Without support and guidance for all involved, there’s not much hope. It’s scary to think of what future harm/havoc may occur if a young psychopath is just left to their own devices.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@hades-moon That is awful. I hope there is some awareness soon, as difficult as it will be to acknowledge 😞

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

It’s a gorgeous day here. Only upper 50’s but I have a window open for Pixie to sit. There’s a light breeze. I can see the oranges and greens of the maple outside the window. This is truly beautiful to me: the light, colors, smells, sounds, the air. This is quiet joy.

I haven’t been sleeping well when my husband is traveling: I’m not afraid. I enjoy having some time alone, to structure my own day. I don’t go to bed at 1 am like I used to. I just wake up, can’t sleep, try sound machine, guided meditation, nope. And the funny thing is, his snoring sometimes awakens me and I still get a better nights sleep. So maybe a light nap is in order.

And while I’m enjoying this mood, this weather, I know people are suffering in the southeast and the west. So, my thoughts are there 🙏

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

Northern lights here

IMG 2535
3 Replies
jana
 jana
(@jana)

Estimable Member

@allie120 

Awesome! My husband told me about it but I was too tired to look. 

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@jana I don’t believe I’ve ever seen them, if you can believe that!

elisa
(@elisa)

Estimable Member

@allie120 

beautiful. i love gorgeous looking skies like that. ^^

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

It seems the corporations that bought all the housing are now beginning to dump it at lower prices, taking a loss.

This is going to hang a lot of people.  Focus is on FL.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

No rain in the forecast here, for the rest of the month. Ugh.

Page 139 / 143
Scroll to Top