Random Thoughts & C...

Notifications
Clear all

Random Thoughts & Conversation - Part 2

Sue Ellen
Topic starter
(@sue-ellen)
Estimable Member

I’m back home after two weeks of traveling with my brother. I’ve had a day to rest. 
It was wonderful. We saw a lot of things. The big things were the Grand Canyon and Meteor Crater. They are truly big. I didn’t experience vertigo in either place, I did at Walnut Canyon while looking at the cliff dwellings. Strange. We centered our stay at Flagstaff. We drove 4,000 miles together. 
Where do an engineer and a chemist go on vacation? The Nuclear Science and History Museum in Albuquerque. Among the collection of real airplanes and bomb replicas was a Russian MIG fighter. It was the nicest, fastest looking plane there. 
We viewed several museums and parks. 
We’re old and didn’t walk much. Going from altitude 700 feet at our homes to 7,000 feet pulled our pulse oxygen levels down. We took a meter and checked often. We both had Albuterol on hand, but only he took it, along with daily meds for COPD.  He’s recently been diagnosed with both asthma and COPD. He coped well. 
I’m still unpacking. I’m a true Capricorn. I take too much stuff. Bags in bags. Duplicates. Good thing we have SUVs. A sedan wouldn’t do. 

2 Replies
Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@sue-ellen That sounds like an amazing trip! What a really special time. 

Libra Noir
(@libra-noir)

Estimable Member

@sue-ellen That’s so cute how you two are close. Glad you had fun!

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

I am the type of person who rescues spiders and places them outside when someone is creeped out by them: a former boyfriend and also my husband were/are very disturbed by them.

10 Replies
Libra Noir
(@libra-noir)

Estimable Member

@allie120 Same here. I usually leave them though because they eat bugs and that means we are on the same team. The only ones Ill put outside are tarantulas and black widows. I put a HUGE tarantula out the other night that was crawling in the living room. Ill upload a picture if I get a chance

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@libra-noir Ok…we don’t have tarantulas here! That’s wild! But I would never hurt them. I would find out how to put them in another place 😅

Libra Noir
(@libra-noir)

Estimable Member

@allie120 Oh really? There’s a ton here in California. I guess they like a really dry climate. They migrate during the fall to mate. You will see them crossing the road lol. There’s smaller black ones and much larger brown ones.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@libra-noir Oh California! That makes sense, for the climate. That’s wild!

Libra Noir
(@libra-noir)

Estimable Member

@allie120

IMG 1517

For reference the tile to the left is 11x11. So I think he was probably about 4 inches across. I swept him up in the sweeper collector thing and let him go outside.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@libra-noir Oh wow! They really bite or is that not true?

I would also scoop it up with something and free it outside. I don’t like killing anything, even grubs (but they gotta go ☹️…somewhere, not in my garden).

Libra Noir
(@libra-noir)

Estimable Member

@allie120 Ive never heard of anyone getting bitten.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@libra-noir That’s good!

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 they are all over Arizona and they do bite, but they can only bite, down. This is why you can pick them up.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa Oh that’s so interesting but it makes sense I guess. It can’t turn its head like a snapping turtle, for instance.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

Just off the phone with a just-survived-cancer client. She has smooth sailing ahead. I was so glad to be able to tell her his!

Next someone gifted a young polymath they know.  You know I'm going to love working with him!  I'm happy!!!

1 Reply
Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa Good news!

elisa
(@elisa)
Estimable Member

so the other night i was showing my husband some instagram photos i uploaded. and i never have any photos of him unless it's vague and with sunglasses LOL seriously. I really never wanted any social media. but my relatives, kept asking for many many years and they're getting older with their children, and soon later grandchildren. I decided ok, private then. and few. So i put my husband photo of me and him and he was like dont put my photos out there lol xD Like hello, how long have I known you, my dearest? (edit- also ive never shared anything in our history together, online. because it's just something my husband doesn't tell me, it's just something i knew, because i'm the same way...no one has to tell me anything) It's private account and i only have close friends and family. Oh the perils of being private. I honestly did not want social media, but hey i'm here too, anonymous and sharing my life ^^ haha.

3 Replies
Hades Moon
(@hades-moon)

Reputable Member

@elisa 😄I relate. My partner has his sun and moon in Scorpio ♏️ so privacy is a priority. I once made the mistake of showing a family member what I thought was a fun photo of him 🤣. Needless to say, I haven’t done it since (and never will be) 😂. Gosh, these scorps love being incognito. Love ‘em to bits though heart .

elisa
(@elisa)

Estimable Member

@hades-moon 😍 😍 😍 

omg you get me lol xDD

hahaha. yeah, i'll just leave it at that but yeah so funny. 😀 😀

And for fun photos. naw i dont even go there xDD he better not of me, either xDD 🤣 🤣 

Hades Moon
(@hades-moon)

Reputable Member

@elisa 🤣🤣too funny!. Yep, you are not alone Pluto new symbol Scorpio smiley 😁.

Hades Moon
(@hades-moon)
Reputable Member

Although Pluto dancing on and around my Sun & Mercury has been challenging, I have to acknowledge that it has also been enlightening. It’s funny how no matter what age we are there is still more to learn, and plenty of scope to continue to evolve. I think life is an opportunity/journey that allows us to advance our souls and yes, this is often achieved through adversity/challenges.

Pluto has helped me see myself and others much more clearly. Some prior beliefs/perceptions have died and have been replaced with what I believe to be more accurate views. I really value living in truth so I am grateful for these Pluto inspired positive changes.

I’m also grateful for the added insight and increased intuition these transits have provided. It’s like I receive downloads which inform me or foretell the outcome of certain situations.

Anyway, just thought I’d take a moment to appreciate these small gifts. Amongst our challenges it’s easy to not always see them. Today, I shone a light on them and I feel better for it ⭐️ 🌈.

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

My sister’s bf had a stent put in this week. Upon doing the procedure they found another blood clot. An aneurysm was also found on his heart. It’s incredible 😞. They said the clot actually saved him, as that’s what brought him to the hospital in the first place. He’s doing ok now and has a few tests at the cardiologist next week. 

8 Replies
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 Oh God. I'm sorry. What a emotional roller coaster.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa Thank you. It’s just good that they are getting it taken care of, whatever that will entail now. We can’t believe he could have just been gone in an instant.

Hades Moon
(@hades-moon)

Reputable Member

@allie120 I’m so glad he has been saved. My FIL’s  thoracic aneurysm was found incidentally as well.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@hades-moon It’s terrifying! I’m so glad they found your FIL’s too!

Hades Moon
(@hades-moon)

Reputable Member

@allie120 Thanks. I think they need to screen people for aneurysms once they reach a certain age. Sadly, it’s not uncommon for them to be discovered until it’s too late. I would like to see more Preventative medicine occur.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@hades-moon That would be great.

My mother had one. I was still living at home. She suddenly got a horrible headache (and she never got them) and was nauseous. It was evening so we called her doctor and he said go to the hospital. They thought it was a migraine but we all insisted it wasn’t. It was small and in her brain. She was in the hospital for two weeks. No surgery so I don’t remember how it was treated.

But it’s so frightening to know it can happen.

Hades Moon
(@hades-moon)

Reputable Member

@allie120 omgoodness, I can’t believe  you have dealt with this with your mom as well. Geez, it was lucky that it was small and she went to hospital (but still scary and serious).

This kinda stuff makes me wanna get a full body MRI..lol

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@hades-moon Thank you. It does make me feel that way, too. And especially as I age 😒

Page 140 / 143
Scroll to Top