Forum

Random Thoughts & C...

Notifications
Clear all

Random Thoughts & Conversation - Part 2

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

I also learned this morning that someone from my graduating class just died from pancreatic cancer. He was at the reunion last year

3 Replies
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 ouch.

Hades Moon
(@hades-moon)

Reputable Member

@allie120 Sorry, this is so sad 😞 .

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@hades-moon Thank you.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

There is a serious question. Is anyone, anywhere, listening to anything anyone says about politics, anywhere in the world?

5 Replies
Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa As in believing what is said?

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 as in, will anyone be influenced?

I just see (do not listen to any) zillions of people voicing their opinion and I wonder who their audience is... who is listening to them.

My thought is people know who they are going to vote for... or that they are not going to vote (I think), so why are we drowning in this content?

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa I see. I think you’re right, most people are decided and know what they’re going to do (or not do).

I think it’s more about belonging to a group, us vs them, dunking on people, “YOU’RE GOING DOWN!”.

Sometimes you hear something and it can make you check out what’s really behind the statement (what really happened…? 🤨)

Hades Moon
(@hades-moon)

Reputable Member

@elsa No, I’m so over it.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

I continue to get phished by someone impersonating, Ben.  They are using his teachers email as well... this is someone aged beyond their third Saturn return and Pluto opposition.

I hate to say this but be cagey!!

1 Reply
LisLioness
(@lislioness)

Estimable Member

@elsa What's with some of these elderly folks? Yesterday, some guy in his late 80s crashed my tattoo shop's FB page, making "get your hog rings and be a sow" comments about a septum piercing.

I personally don't like them and would never get one, but...not my body, not my business.

He was run off the page by the shop owner's wife. Oink, oink MFer, she posted and blocked him. 🤣

You don't come on to someone's FB page and act like an ass, but this guy never got that memo lol.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

I have drive 5-10 miles to any of the three little towns that surround me.  I have seen exactly two election signs, in any or the three directions.  It's bizarre.

I feel this must mean something but I'm out of the loop and not sure what.

3 Replies
Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa Interesting. It’s pretty much the same here as any year. Could be fatigue. 

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 that's all I can think of. I'm talking about street intersections, not just people's homes. I keep thinking they're going to show up,,,,but no.

Oh wait! I have another idea.  Campaigns don't have the money for signs??  No one donating, either due to lack of interest or no money?

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa Oh gosh, our intersections have them. There’s a Chinese restaurant a mile from here on the corner of a main route. They have every party from that town. Obviously the restaurant is good with that. Our local candidates have large signs on lots or on someone’s yard or business. 

We have three small ones in our yard. In reaching out to get them, there didn’t seem to be a problem. Money is definitely an issue for some candidates. The incumbent senator has commercials while the guy trying to upseat him has no tv commercials, lots of social media, some radio, I believe. But that makes sense for a relative newcomer.

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

I’m particularly “extra” today but definitely not as bad as I have been in the past. More like, “extra spicy too much ginger but it’s still ok”.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

I am trying to get a message to, Ben, about his hacked email. I think the person I am talking to, thinks I am just confused.

I just sent a series of screen shots, documenting what's going on.  I can't believe how disorienting this is.  Like, what if they had his AI voice call me?

See, he does not sound like himself, post his stroke.  Not his pre-stroke self, anyway.

I can't believe what has happened to my friends... things we never dreamed of.

12 Replies
Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa omg that’s nuts. I hope you can get through! Get something resolved!

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 today's email arrived from his normal address, he's had for 20 years. I replied... telling him I needed to discuss something with him, on the phone.

Then I looked at where there mail was sent - it has his teacher's name with some numbers at the end.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa Oh that’s weird. Not good.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 I think it must be some utility that grabs your address book?  It's one hell of an affect.  Because her name is familiar to me.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa I don’t know anything about how these things work but they’re definitely creepy.

I just had an email yesterday from “Apple” saying my icloud account would be locked in 48 hours if I didn’t log in. It looked like a legit Apple email, all over the entire email. Until I clicked the sender address and it was from a children’s hospital. I looked up the extension and it was a real hospital somewhere. 

Anyway, I deleted it, reported it as spam. IDK what is going on. But the issue with Ben’s email sounds sinister.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 well, they tricked me into buying a $400 gift card. I was able to cancel in time, but they did trick me, on account of my total trust of, Ben.

This world is all about grifting now... and fake community.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

I should add, the person could be in his house.

Anyway, I have alerted him in every way I can think of.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa Damn! I really hope he or someone close to him contacts you. I hope someone can do a wellness check.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 the young girl is over there pretty frequently.  I understand he's stable? Not getting worse or better. But he's brooding, which he does and when he gets that way, pushing is counterproductive. 

The remarks that get back to me are, Ben, through and through. I think he is grappling with it all. But I know when you search for medical stuff, you get targeted for your vulnerability.  So I really don't know.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa Oh dear. I’m sorry. It’s a worrisome situation. I know it would be a relief to know he’s really doing as well as he can.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa 🙁

nona
(@nona)

Trusted Member
  • @elsa I understand. I had no idea either. 
Page 141 / 143
Scroll to Top