Notifications
Clear all

Random Thoughts & Conversation - Part 2

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

Heard from, Ben. Hacked and confused. This began on Sept. 20th.  I asked.. he had a weak password, but really, he has no idea what got hacked, by who or anything. People who have strokes can't deal with things like this!!

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

Client from 2007 just surfaced... booked a consultation.  Get this. I remember her!

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

Today the ladies in the class were intending to go get some molasses made by mules. One of them was concerned she was dressed appropriately... wearing tight yoga pants - not exactly sexual seeing as she's in her 70's.  But apparently, the have some nice ironed shirts on a rack outside the store. You can put one on to shop, if you happened to show up, naked, by their standard.

I also heard of perfume shop... when I complimented someone's perfume, which was truly perfect.

Turns out, she travels to buy it.   She said  she was buying it online, but she decided to go to the store - everyone was black... and they had black on the windows as well.  "I looked like I glowed in the dark in there," she said. "Look how white I am! But this old man, 95 years old or so, he worked there. He looked her over and said, "what you need in there (added to what she was buying), is a little garrr-denia!"

So she got the gardenia put in; she's got her own mix and I'm telling you, she's happening with it!

So that's what this place does.  Custom perfume. It also makes copies of expensive scents. Been in business for 22 years.  I think this is a family with superior noses for scent.

7 Replies
Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa That’s really cool!

I like the sense of decorum. Not that I should tell people what to wear but I feel secondhand comfort with that 😅

What is molasses made by mules? Mules work the equipment? 

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 yes, mules work the equipment, I check youtube videos.

On the store, they are Mennonites.  You just need to be dressed modestly.

I have never really shopped their stores, other than auxiliary posts they set up during garden season.  

There are also, farmer stores here, where you can buy meat and all kinds of grains and different flours...also butter and cheese, honey, etc. All local and strictly organic. 

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa That’s really cool! It’s nice to be so near such a community.

We have Apostolics in a town nearby. The first time I saw a woman dressed plainly and with her hair in a bun was when I was getting radiation treatment. She would set me up on the table and run the machine. I was so confused because they reminded me of Amish but she was working the equipment, obviously drive to work. But the woman just adhere to the modest dress and everyone drives, works, etc. 

There were Amish in Ohio when I lived near Kent. There were buggies and all but then I would see them take a bus to the K-Mart. 

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 I have no issues with it. I never wore makeup, to speak of. At this age, and also due to why we have it, I don't think I'll ever wear it again.

I guess I'm saying, I'm not that far off, though I am from Arizona and we tend to strip down when it's hot.

But the biggest factor is Jupiter.  I adapt to a culture rather than expect it to adapt to me.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa That’s cool! I think when you enter a community it’s better to respect their ways. Of course, it’s easy if it’s dress code, manner of speaking, respect, and if you can come and go as you wish.

I still do makeup, but I’ve never done a lot. I would want to make sure someone plucked my stray hairs if I ever ended up in a coma. 

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 also, they don't tell you what to wear. They only tell you what you can't wear, in their store. 

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa Oh yes!

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

Client in Tampa with house under contract, closed.  He and his wife are in the home. Hooray for all involved!

1 Reply
Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa Good news!

Page 143 / 143
Scroll to Top