Notifications
Clear all

Random Thoughts & Conversation - Part 2

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

The charismatic exercise lady, talked to my husband and I about losing her son.  He had a bad heart valve... he was young at this time. He had to have a man-made replacement valve, they had to crack his chest.

He became a nurse, and loved his work, but he need to replace the valve and he simply did not want to have his chest open again. I know this is very traumatic, but he was 40 when he made this decision... fully knowing what he was doing. He said, "I'm sorry, but I just don't want to do it."

He died at 44, she was with him, when it happens.  He had some strokes and stuff at the base of his skull... painful, they said,  They wanted to give him a shot for pain, which they did, telling her, he would be able to hear her but he would not be able to answer.

Godawful. She runs a Grief share group now.

1 Reply
Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa omg that’s heartbreaking.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

Our little black dog as been at the vet since 7:30 this morning. Gah.

9 Replies
(@warped)

Reputable Member

@elsa 

May God bless him with a full recovery and a long healthy future.🙏🐾❤️🙏

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@warped thank you.  I was hoping someone cared.  He just got home, with a cast. Turns out, he split his nail, way up. They had to remove it. He goes back in a week, to get his cast off. 

sophiab
(@sophiab)

Reputable Member

@elsa Didn't he have frozen feet when you discovered him? Maybe it left him with vulnerability in his nails. Sounds very Saturnian, like bones and teeth.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@sophiab yes. This is his third foot problem. Poor little boy has to be on a leash, when the others run free. Still winds up hurt.

We love the hell out of him. German wing of our fam.

(@warped)

Reputable Member

@elsa 

Poor little baby!  But I'm so glad it's fixable.  He's a walking miracle, literally, after his nick of time rescue from the brutal winter. 

Have you tried waterproof boots for him?  I'm about to order sandals (yes, breathable but protective sandals) for my arthritic senior with rear paw slippage and a lingering lick granuloma on front paw pad.  All Dog Boots dot com offers rubber and neoprene for winter, ventilated summer shoes, orthopedic, non-slip socks, and more! 

jana
 jana
(@jana)

Estimable Member

@elsa 

Saying a prayer for little pup!

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@jana thank you! He's sleeping it off!

LisLioness
(@lislioness)

Estimable Member

@elsa Saying a prayer for your sweet baby. 💕

Hades Moon
(@hades-moon)

Reputable Member

@elsa Awww…. Sending love and healing vibes to your beautiful black baby ❤️🙏🏻😍

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

Another thing about that gal. Her grandmother's grandmother was an American Indian. The "white eyes" killed her her whole family... she was sitting on the side of a trail, when a white family in a covered wagon, picked her up and they settled around here.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member
little dog

Thanks, everyone. See how his tongue sticks out, always.

6 Replies
Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa Aw!!! Just catching up. Poor sweetie. I hope he’s resting well and heals up quickly.

jana
 jana
(@jana)

Estimable Member

@elsa 

He looks like Toto!

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@jana yes, an obese version, all due to my husband's love!

But he's also part bulldog (really).  He is a dense little thing, like you pick him up and leave your body, due to the shock of it.

We love this dog so much, it's bizarre. Especially to others as while our other dogs have their fans among our friends, this one is overlooked, except for our drooling over him. It's comical.

Rusalka
(@rusalka)

Estimable Member

Posted by: @elsa

@jana yes, an obese version, all due to my husband's love! 

This sent me and this is the way it's supposed to be. There are sad dogs in kennels! Somebody has to balance karma. I don't let anybody fat shame my baby kitty. He was a hobo once, he deserves to be comfy now. 

Rusalka
(@rusalka)

Estimable Member

@elsa Poor little bb. Vet trips are almost always traumatic. Glad he's doing ok.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@rusalka well, he is doing okay, but he's also doing like shit, because I have to put a bag on his foot when he goes outside... with a rubber band.

This is because my husband lost / dropped whatever the vet, gave him, to cover it with. He's had sufficient, of people messing with his paw-paw.

Page 146 / 146
Scroll to Top