Clear all

Gardening 2024

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Prominent Member

They say, Mother's Day, here. I'm only putting out the cold season stuff.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Prominent Member

My neighbor got the overgrown, mostly dead, bushes out. Five of them.

I replaced them with compact, interesting, evergreen, flowering things and it looks great, already, even though there is mud and rocks all over. Incredible improvement. 

If I were selling, I'd raise the price 5K. It looks that good and this whole deal cost $200.

2 Replies
jana
 jana
(@jana)

Estimable Member

@elsa 

Sweet! a little goes a long way Smile

nona
(@nona)

Eminent Member

@elsa HA! I did similar. I Hard pruned overgrown forsythia and took out some nasty landscape bushes. It is 100% improvement for the street view.

My california poppy seeds have started after building soil and weeks of watering and babying them.

Thery are really hard to start, but one they get started they will spread and cover the dry boring area between the fence and the street, and look NATURAL ! LOL !!

It is supposed to be 77 degrees here today. I want to put flowers out so BADLY!!

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Prominent Member

Well, it's a long stretch. I haven't counted but there are probably 15 varied "shrubs", in a rock garden.

Rock garden has been there 20 years now, and while I do blow leaves and trimmings out, there's a good layer of dirt beneath... the algae covered rocks. Sorting all this is my mission, this spring. It's a job, so I'm really glad it looks so good.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Prominent Member
garlic

Garlic, planted in October. Starting to take off!

nona
(@nona)
Eminent Member

I have peas, leeks, scallions, cabbage,broccoli,chard,collards in the ground. Eating spinach arugula salad today. Flowers on raspberries and strawberries. 1 elder tree planted. (My starts all died) 

The arugula is already bolting. Not a good variety for here.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Prominent Member

Expect low 40's tonight, but I'm putting (some) tomatoes out because they're hardened off and cramped in their pots.... overly long pregnancy!

Page 3 / 4
Scroll to Top