Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@jana I love this.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@jana 😂😂😂😂 This is the truest thing ever!

Hades Moon
(@hades-moon)

Reputable Member

@jana 🤣

(@gogol)
Trusted Member

Transiting cancer mars is opposite my natal Uranus in Capricorn today....& I cut my finger while working in kitchen. Typical!
Fellow uranus-in-cap people, plz be careful whacky

2 Replies
Hades Moon
(@hades-moon)

Reputable Member

@gogol Ouch!!. Good warning ⚠️.

The placement doesn’t apply to me but I just missed my finger cutting up vegies yesterday. I have to tell myself to slow down.

(@gogol)

Trusted Member
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

Husband's family coming in from various quarters this week.

5 Replies
Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa oh…

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 Well, I'm not sure. Maybe, but it's chaotic out there. In whatever case, my husband has appointments, every day this week, and next week looks similar.  I guess i better look at his Lunar return. I think one of his sisters may stay with us. Not sure.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa I was thinking because of your mother-in-law 😞

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 Yes, that is why they are coming in, but I don't know that there is any medical person saying her death it imminent.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa They’re usually fairly upfront about that, too.

But, this would be a chance for people to visit with her…the spirit of having family around her. 

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

My husband is traveling for a couple days. So I feel like my mind is whooosh. It’s not bad either way. But if it’s quiet I can sometimes focus more on conversations here.

He texted that there was a delay in the flight (he is traveling to Charlotte). But he said it was because a flight attendant hurt her neck as a result of a hard landing on the prior flight. So they took her off as a precaution but they aren’t permitted to flight without a certain number of flight attendants. So I was waiting to see what was happening with the flight, did I have to go get him? He’s on the phone with me and says, “Ryan? Ryan Newman? Just a minute.” 

Click.

Haha. So I figured he saw the NASCAR driver Ryan Newman and was going to talk to him.

He called back in a few minutes. “Did you meet Ryan Newman?” He said yes, that he was racing up here at a local track and he ran out of gas and DNF. My husband got his picture. We had met him up at the race in New Hampshire before he retired, at a meet and greet. I think he is or was the only NASCAR driver at the time with an engineering degree. He’s racing modifieds in the SRX series and there’s a track up here on the circuit.

Anyway, he was on my husband’s flight to Charlotte. They did get off the ground by 1 pm. 👍

And I’m here planting garlic and making yogurt so it’s all very cool 😌

3 Replies
Hades Moon
(@hades-moon)

Reputable Member

@allie120 That’s really cool that your husband met Ryan Newman. Great he gotta picture too 😎.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@hades-moon He’s one of those people who runs into people frequently 😅. Very Jupiter energy, I think.

Hades Moon
(@hades-moon)

Reputable Member

@allie120 😄That’s fascinating!

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

I wonder if this should be on a different thread now, or it covers a few topics:

I needed a kitchen utensil to scoop the cream out of the bottle and I didn’t have anything. So I went to TJ Maxx/Home Goods because I remember they have a wall of all kinds of kitchen things. I like to go there once in awhile for clothes. But I just needed this one thing. 

It’s always packed with decorations, Halloween since August, now a little Christmas, so much stuff. And I’ve been thinking of the My Life in Advertising book Elsa talked about in the What Are You Reading thread. 

For a moment I thought I would poke around the clothes for a bit but I thought: I need the kitchen thing. Do I need more clothes or decorations or pillows or anything? Why would I think I needed them? Because they displays are enticing? Because it’s new? Because I have some vision in my head of how I want to look? Not at this time. I needed a tiny ladle or a turkey baster (I had neither). And of course with ALLLLLLL the stuff they have in the store, they had neither. Sometimes they have odd little things. Well they do. They have a lot of things you don’t always need. Or at least I didn’t.

Anyway, I went super basic and went to the grocery store and bought a $2.50 turkey baster which was perfect.

So, this is not to say it’s not fun to get new things. Or get things for fun or fresh or pretty. But I was just doing a mental scan on this. Marketing telling us we need things we don’t, ya know? That was just me, today.

4 Replies
Hades Moon
(@hades-moon)

Reputable Member

@allie120 I don’t know whether this is along the same line but last year I did a big spring clean and got rid of anything I hadn’t used in 2 years. I wanted to become minimalistic and believed this may also make life a bit simpler as it would also result in things being easier to find. Yes, it did work but after getting rid of all this stuff I had to resist the temptation to restock with new stuff  (which would defeat the whole purpose). We are constantly being bombarded with ads and even friends (well intentioned), telling us we need this or that. The truth is we don’t. And for the time being I’m sticking to being a minimalist and avoiding being sucked in to do otherwise.

Don’t get me wrong, if I truly need something I’ll get it. I just question myself more on that feeling of need or want.

Also, I don’t rule out a bit of frivolity here and there. We have to have fun. I’ve just felt a bit wiser (and less wasteful) thinking twice about certain things.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@hades-moon This is exactly what I mean! We have so much stuff, even though I don’t shop recreationally. 

This was an interesting and long thought I had as I was going to buy a turkey baster 😂. Well, ok then 🤷🏻‍♀️

We went to a big fair on Friday and stopped by a tent with Native American handmade things. They had lots of jewelry and rings. They’re very particular about where the silver and turquoise and stones come from (I found this also when we were in Texas). My husband was looking for him and our son. There were alot of cool pieces and it would have been easy to select one but I decided not to. I wear the same rings every day, do not change much. OTOH, I thought it would be nice to support the tribes but then, do I need it?

So thise are also important considerations, and I see valie in that, too.

Hades Moon
(@hades-moon)

Reputable Member

@allie120 😂 @turkey baster inspired thought. It’s funny where our minds can take us.

Yeah, that’s a great point regarding community support. I guess like food, it may come down to everything in moderation, or making a donation to the value of the item (if we don’t need it).

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@hades-moon Good idea!

(@gogol)
Trusted Member

I wonder if we should pay more attention to lunar return charts, now that mars is in cancer for an extended period.

Page 132 / 144
Scroll to Top