Notifications
Clear all

Random Thoughts & Conversation - Part 2

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

Called my insurance, which is UHC through Frito-Lay (Pepsico).

I was asked for my "Global Id".

6 Replies
Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa “Global ID”

What do they consider your “global ID”? 

*side eye*

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 I said, "whaaat?"

"Sorry, sorry, ma'am. My mistake."

Also curious, after he said this, he did not ask for my ssn.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

So I'm picturing this guy looking at a screen. He asked me to verify my name... verify my birth date, verify my address... then he asked for my global id.

I could not supply it, he apologized, but did not ask my ssn, which suggests to me, my global id was visible, so it exists, I just don't know what it is!

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa I love that you seemed to have alarmed him. And I’m glad he didn’t mean SSN. That’s out of hand.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 I don't understand. I think I must be seeing this differently than you do. My guess is they are in the middle of a transition to GID.

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa Oh I was just thinking about how the SSN is used for ID purposes nearly everywhere. But I had a brain 💨 because of course insurance is where SSN is used as an identifier.

I see what you’re saying.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

Made elderberry syrup, focaccia, chocolate chip cookies with toffee, breakfast for husband and dogs, and two loads of laundry!

Next is clients which is very relaxing. But when I set my mind to it, I can kick it up a notch. Everything came out, and most impressive, most of the dishes are done!

3 Replies
Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa That was a good day!

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 thanks!  Greek pasta for dinner tonight, which has become a real fave of my husband's.  Me too!

I have to make a big pan of Spanakopita for Jilly's husband's birthday on Friday, but otherwise set for the week and it feels good!

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa That’s definitely a good feeling!

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

I took my dogs out for a "runaround", this is when we all go outside and run around!  But my little black dog has a paw problem now. He can't step on it at all.  No blood, not twisted, no clue what's going on... a sticker, maybe, but if so, it's between the pads and he won't let me near it.

Wil try to get it out or look at the problem when my husband comes home, but I called the vet, just in case.  We will drop him off, tomorrow and they will try to look at him, between surgeries.  I have no idea what happened. I had him on a leash! He was sniffing the grass - just plain grass. I turned my back and next thing I knew, he couldn't step on his paw.

Arrgh.

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

We had a great weekend and even after the lovely trip out to Putnam yesterday, I made a bunch of meatballs for dinner and the freezer and did some laundry. It’s so true: meal planning, making things ahead is such a good feeling. Nesting. Even if I do have time during the week, it’s a comforting feeling.

Today I had a shorter workout and it went well. 

Then I mowed the lawn and did leaves. I did some leaves on Saturday so there wouldn’t be a many today. And more laundry. And I’m so tired lol

I also just started knitting a sock the other day, so that’s nice.

6 Replies
Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

omg it looks like I didn’t even do the leaves on the lawn 😭

And I did them twice, on Saturday and today.

I’m not doing any more this week. No.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 It's a way to feel and in fact, be, in control.  I realize this and I'm good with it.

The country is shit, but my world is bangin'!

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@elsa I think even if one can only manage a little bit, that’s a start.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@allie120 I am doing this, in large part, to escape the internet (addiction).

jana
 jana
(@jana)

Estimable Member

@allie120 

I like your life Smile

Allie
(@allie120)

Honorable Member

@jana Thank you! It’s really good. And it’s something I never could have conceived as a little girl, a teen, or a young woman. It’s a little mind blowing. Sometimes I wonder about decisions made and alternate lives that could have occurred. This is just me wondering.

LisLioness
(@lislioness)
Estimable Member

Hi all. I'm having more daughter trouble and I'm going out of my mind.

I adopted another husky last Friday with the husband's blessing. She came home yesterday. It didn't go well...not with the dogs, but the daughters. One wants to bring her back to the shelter (NO) and the other broke down in tears while talking to her sister. This one said we have no money to support her in college, but we have some to get another dog?

One said "you added a dog to a bonded pair and that's dumb." My dogs are doing well with the new one, it's these girls who aren't.

They're obviously manipulating me. How do I get this shit to stop...?

ETA her college is being paid off when I get my inheritance. That's part of my father's wishes.

Page 145 / 145
Scroll to Top