Clear all

Random Thoughts & Conversation - Part 2

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Prominent Member

Well,  shit. Does "cold" mean, 🔥 now?

Larry Bird, the coldest white player,  ever?

What does this mean?

2 Replies
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Prominent Member

They may be saying he's a psychopath?

The hick from French Lick?

jana
 jana
(@jana)

Estimable Member

@elsa 

Bird was a master of psy op intimidation during the game. He used to go up to players trying to cover him and tell them exactly what play he was to execute and that they would not be able to do anything about it... lmao.

Bar in the Sky
(@bar-in-the-sky)
Eminent Member

I stopped at the local library today and signed up for the adult book club. I have lived in this city for almost 10 years and find it nearly impossible to create community. Most of my neighbors keep to themselves, or a friendly wave is the extent of interaction. I know it’s a big part on me as I own a hair salon and work long hours… Hoping that this will open up some opportunities to meet local people and form relationships of the intellectual kind! 

1 Reply
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Prominent Member

@bar-in-the-sky I hope this works out!

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Prominent Member

I just did a very quick voice recording reading for someone.  First time. Hmm...

sophiab
(@sophiab)
Estimable Member

YouTube have been making some changes and what I found is that I couldn't exit YouTube. I was scrolling to the top to shut it, thinking I was just in a browser tab and I could close it, but I could not find the browser tab parameters. For a moment I was completely stuck in YouTube on my phone and then I realised that this is part of the new changes, that they immerse you, things start to become autonomous (because adverts and videos now open and play without you touching or clicking the screen) and you go further in and struggle to get out. 😱 

3 Replies
(@warped)

Estimable Member

@sophiab

After six years on an LG, I got a new phone (Moto) and immediately uninstalled lots of crap apps, turned off "background" in every app, turned off app abilities to alter, add, etc, turned off permissions for access to phone, photos, contacts, etc, shut off the voice activations, front facing camera, and the 5G, removed face recognition options.

I uninstalled the app using AI, but it keeps re-installing on its own as do others!  Check all your apps and check the total often.  Your YouTube may need a little tweak.

Myrna
(@myrna)

Trusted Member

@warped gotta love Android for its versatility and customization.  I’ve had multiple Motos and love the chop chop to access the flashlight and shake to open the camera.

(@warped)

Estimable Member

@myrna 

Oh.  I actually shut those off to avoid having them go on accidently!

I literally just uninstalled four more apps that magically appeared overnight.  They supposedly self-install for "bug fixes" and "updates," but when you go to the google store to uninstall, reviews complaining about nefarious stuff abound 

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Prominent Member

I am reading, Venezuelans have taken over, Aurora, CO. This is believable to me. I am glad I got out of there. 

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Prominent Member

That dude that got the date the other day? This is his breakfast:

dude

He's bulking up for her, lol.

1 Reply
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Prominent Member

Sorry, I tried to delete the extra comment and got them both.

Page 105 / 122
Scroll to Top