Forum

Notifications
Clear all

AI in 2023

Allie
(@allie120)
Reputable Member

Are there already not real people among us? I don’t mean aliens. I mean fake people. Bots. Bots offline.

Sometimes I see people acting a certain way and I think, are they real? And then I’m confused because is this some sort of inception? A psyop in a psyop and on and on.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Prominent Member
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Prominent Member

I read that the AI accounts are the ones with the clever words, which is what I suspected when I stumbled into one of these clusters of people.  They just spits out puzzles to think to, I'd say.

I also read the AI is getting smarter, people are getting dumber, but the AI gets info from the dumber people, so it's changing.

I would much rather just speak to real people. But online, real people are generally quite boring because they have watch their mouth and color between the lines OR ELSE.

The other accounts get to live and have fun and they are the machines!  But if you look at them and interact with them, it has a bad affect. It's like having a mom vs having a machine to nurture you. You have to shut down quite a few systems to be able to accept such a thing, and embrace it. 

Sue Ellen
(@sue-ellen)
Trusted Member

AI phoned us and couldn’t punch the # sign on a phone call to ring into our landline phone. 
We still have a landline. We have a system that allows contact list entries to ring through by name or number. It requires a punch of the # sign for everything else and goes to a recorder. 
We had several calls from Cohere Health show on the caller ID. I did a web search and found out it’s a company that has been employed by our health insurance company to do procedure pre-approvals.  
I added the name to the contact list, but it never called back.  I had to call the insurance company to check status. 

Cohere Health uses AI/ML.  Maybe someday it’ll machine learn to punch #. 

1 Reply
Allie
(@allie120)

Reputable Member

@sue-ellen “Does not compute”

It’s like throwing a stick in a wheel spoke. 

My mom still has a land line, too. We had one until maybe 2016?

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Prominent Member
1 Reply
Allie
(@allie120)

Reputable Member

@elsa 😑

jana
 jana
(@jana)
Estimable Member

OpenAI (ChatGPT company) is now in talks with Jony Ive (long time Steve Jobs-Apple collaborator) to develop the ChatGPT Iphone.

CHatGPT has also gone multi-modal, allow both input and out put be images, video, audio, text, or code. 

They are now putting a large language model layer in self driving cars which effectively adds the predictive value of the LMN to the pure visual-spatial data previous available to the car. So instead of just using sensors to intrepret road features, the program could be queried with--what is that person up the road up to, based on the visual features of the person, clothing, time of day, what their carrying, etc. Not too much room for mistakes O_O

Page 2 / 6
Scroll to Top